Excellence in the provision of healthcare services to Mankind.
- Excellent service to our guests, customers, and physicians is our most important consideration.
- We will provide our services with integrity. Our actions will enhance our reputation and reflect the trust placed in us by those we serve.
- Our employees are our most important resource. We will attract exceptional individuals at all levels of the organization and provide fair compensation and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We will recognize and reward employees who achieve excellence in their work.
- We are committed to 'serving' diverse needs of the young and old, the rich and poor, and those living in urban and rural communities, with sensitivity to cultural differences.
- We will reflect the caring and noble nature of our mission in all that we do. Our services must be of high quality, cost-effective, and accessible, achieving a balance between community needs and available resources.
- It is our intent to be a model healthcare system. We will strive to be a learning organization and global leader in healthcare delivery.
- We will maintain the financial strength necessary to fulfill our mission.
Aspiration to deliver "extraordinary care in all its dimensions" with our vision, which is to provide:
- The best clinical practice delivered in a consistent and integrated way.
- Lowest appropriate cost to the population we serve.
- A service experience supported by systems and processes that focuses on patients, enrollees, families, and one another.
- A genuine care and concern in our interactions with patients, families, and one another.
Our Core Values
- Mutual respect - "We treat others the way we want to be treated."
- Accountability - “We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes and mistakes."
- Trust - "We can count on each other."
- Excellence - “We do our best at all times and look for ways to do it even better."
Our Code of Ethics
Every day guests, members, and their families come to us in times of need, trusting that we will give them our excellent medical care and services. We are committed to honouring their trust by providing excellent health care service with the highest standards of integrity. This commitment applies to every aspect of our work, and is fundamental to our mission, vision, and values. We expect every employee, clinician, trustee, vendor, contractor, and volunteer who is part of our organization to understand and follow the rules and requirements that apply to their work.
Our General Ethics Standards
- We are committed to Intermountain values of Trust, Excellence, Accountability, and Mutual Respect.
- We perform our jobs and assignments with the highest standard of honesty and integrity. We treat each other, our guests & members, business partners, vendors and competitors fairly.
- We abide by and understand the specific laws, policies and procedures that apply to our jobs and assignments, and to us as an individuals.
- We speak up with concerns about compliance and ethical issues. Specifically, we report to the observed and suspected violations of laws or policies, and we agree to report any requests to do things we believe may be violations.
- We recognize that our daily work gives us the opportunity to see problems in our areas before they become apparent to others or to management. We are empowered and responsible to raise questions about potentially noncompliant or unethical practices.